5 Tips to the Perfect Ponytail






Sometime creating the perfect ponytail can be a little difficult. It seems easy enough to just through your hair up in a ponytail, but it’s creating the perfect ones that can hard. I have tried many ways to create the perfect gorgeous ponytail, and I found these tips to be the most useful! So try them out and see for yourself!

1. Dirty Hair Works Best. I know, it sounds gross but it’s so true. Having clean hair is harder to style. Having a little bit of grease can help with styling your hair, and not to mention it will help with keeping it in place! However if you want you can try using dry shampoo products to clean hair to give it some structure.

2. Where to Place. Where you place your ponytail is key to achieving the perfect ponytail. A higher ponytail will help show off those model worthy check bones, while a low ponytail will flatter your neck and jaw line. The location makes a difference!

3. A Thicker Ponytail. There are some of us that have thin/fine hair. Creating the appearance of a thick ponytail will make girls scream with envy! Put that comb to use and start teasing your ponytails! Start by teasing your hair at the crown (where the binder is) to create a fuller look. Grab your brush and gently brush over the hair that you teased to smooth it down and whaaaa-laaaa you have yourself a thick gorgeous ponytail!

4. Classically Sleek. Creating a perfectly sleek ponytail gives the appearance of perfection! Try brushing your hair back to help detangle your hair. Doing this will help smooth out any lumps and bumps! When I do this, I make sure to hold my hair in a ponytail to help keep it in place. Once my hair is smoothed out I use a hair tie to keep that hair of mine in place! Use some hair spray to help smooth down “baby hairs” or flyaways to get more of a sleek look.

5. The Messy Ponytail. If you are looking for more of a messy look, this is perfect for you! How I achieve this look is teasing my bangs (top part of your hair) and then securing my hair in a ponytail. Then I will grab pieces from the top of my hair and pull pieces upward to give it more volume. If you want you can also tease your ponytail as well to get more of that messy look. Do not use a brush! The more you brush your hair, the sleeker it will look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts