Anti-Aging Hair Care






I never really thought about the aging affects on my hair. I knew women with color treated hair had to give more maintenance to their locks but since I've never colored my hair I thought I had nothing to worry about. However, I was wrong. I've read several places that say that a woman's hair will grow finer and thinner once she turns 30 (why is it always 30?!). Also, women today are tormenting their hair more than ever before: keratin treatments, hot styling tools, hair dyes, and the list goes on. Most of the so-called "anti-aging" products on the market are to help repair those damages.

  • AVOID chemical treatments and pulling your hair (rollers, weaves, etc) as they will thin out your roots.
  • EAT high-protein, low-fat, low-carb foods.
  • Use PROTEIN-laced styling products as they will help fortify your hair follicles as they get older.
  • PROTECT your hair from heat styling tools by using heat protectant sprays every time you use one and limit your use to no more than 3x a week.
  • Give your hair some TLC. Address your hair's specific needs (such as thinning or dryness). At a certain age you'll have to invest more time (and money) into taking care of your hair much like we do with our skincare routine.

There are a lot of products on the market that now include UV protection for hair. StyleMe BAD recently review Philip Kingsley products. Some products I've tried are:


DHC's Q10 Revitalizing Hair Care Shampoo & Treatment, help fight against damage from styling products and dryness. Help minimize the appearance of previous damage by smooth and strengthening your hair. The active ingredient coenzyme Q10 revitalizes, ceramides retain moisture and black pearl proteins nourish for healthier looking hair.


Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir - I received a sample in my April Birchbox. However, it was super small so it was hard to test the full results. It claims to "help rebuild hair’s strength by reducing breakage while making hair look more youthful and vibrant in just 7 days."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts