Makeup tips for women with rosacea or facial redness






I've dealt with rosacea and have a few great general tips for makeup for rosacea skin:

  • Use a green tinted primer under your makeup to even out your skin tone and help balance out the red in your skin (and also helps your makeup last longer). Pick one that also has UVA/UVB protection (2 birds, 1 stone).
  • Use oil-free foundation and/or concealer (whatever level of coverage you need (from sheer to full coverage).
  • Consider corrective makeup, if and where needed, as it's basically a super level of coverage that can camouflage serious redness in your skin.
  • Use mineral powder either over your foundation or instead of foundation (just over your green-tinted primer). Mineral powder tends to have safer and less irritating ingredients...and you can also find it in certain tones that help correct for redness.
  • If you use blush, pick a sheer one for sensitive skin (though I don't need this--the last thing I want is pink/red on my skin!).
  • Use gentle eye makeup for sensitive skin that's easy to remove. Go for a mineral powder eye shadow too.
  • For lipstick/lipgloss, I avoid reds and many shades of pink since that just brings out the redness in my skin. I opt for more neutral shades.

I hope this helps! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts