How to Care for your Hair after Dying it





Hi everyone! I have dyed my hair countless times, and after I dye my hair I always wonder how I can restore it so it can look healthy. Finally, after 5 years I have found out how to care for it so it will look restored in a few weeks.

I usually box dye my hair. If you are doing that, just follow the instructions as usual.

Here's my first trick: When you're done rinsing your hair until the water runs clear, and you're getting ready to put the conditioner provided in, use the whole tube. This might sound crazy, but you won't need the conditioner for later anyways. (I usually can't keep track to use it the weeks post-dying anyways). This will make your hair shiny, and super soft for the next few days. WARNING: DON'T USE A LEAVE IN CONDITIONER OR SHAMPOO RIGHT AFTER YOU DYE YOUR HAIR.

Now I know the smell is awful after you dye your hair, but don't wash it for a good 1-3 days. Your natural oils need to build up and work into your hair so it doesn't dry out after washing. With the concern of shampoo, I would recommend using a shampoo that is for colour treated hair. I use Pantene Pro-V Brunette shampoo and conditioner. It's for colour treated hair, and it helps enhance the colour.

Use a leave-in conditioner, I cannot stress this enough. This will restore your hair at a tremendous rate. I use the Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle.

Don't do anything to your hair for about a good week or two. Applying heat to your hair will dry it out, create split ends, and make the colour dull. Don't pull you hair up for any reason too. This will also break you hair, and make it frizzy, along with the previous effects.

DYE YOUR HAIR ON A FRIDAY. This will give you time to just relax at home, and not care who is at your house to see your hair when you don't wash it.

Be careful brushing your hair, this will break and damage your hair.

Use a leave-in serum or spritz to keep your hair moisturized.

Here's how I wash my hair to keep it healthy.
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner (leave this on for 1 minute, then rinse)
  • Leave-in conditioner (wring your hair out, then put on ends of hair. leave on for 3 minutes then rinse with warm water. then shock your hair with cold water. this will restore moisture and shine.)

I hope you enjoyed this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts